Friday, May 7, 2010

Today’s Question: The Return!

Yesterday, one of our readers joked (or perhaps he wasn’t joking – it’s tough to tell on the Internet) that HBO should bring “Deadwood” back just for him.

It got me thinking. How often do shows that were cancelled come back?

The two big ones I can think of were “Family Guy,” which was off the air for quite a while, only to return when the DVD sets sold through the roof, and “Futurama,” which went off the air, got a few direct-to-DVD movies made, and will be back on the air starting next month.

Of course, there have been a few shows that were “almost” cancelled, but came back for another season or two: “Cold Case,” “Jericho,” and “Friday Night Lights” all come to mind.

So here’s today’s question: If you could bring back any cancelled TV show, no matter how long ago it ended, what would you choose?

I can admit I’m torn by this one, just because there have been a lot of shows I’ve loved and lost too soon. But I think I’ll go with “Veronica Mars,” which ended without much in the way of resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment